This satisfying soup gets its thick texture from quinoa, a gluten-free whole grain. Feel free to throw in 2 cups of your favorite frozen vegetables to add flavor and nutrients.
30 minutes or fewer
- 1 medium red onion, diced (1¼ cups)
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¾ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 10 oz. spinach leaves
1. Coat large saucepan with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Add onion, and saute 5 minutes, or until soft.
2. Stir in broth and 4 cups water, and bring to a boil. Add quinoa, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Stir in tomatoes and spinach leaves. Simmer 5 minutes, uncovered, or until spinach and quinoa are tender.
4. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and serve immediately.